- The company must be VAT-registered in an EU country.
- Swedish companies also need an F-tax certificate.
- The company must undergo a creditworthiness assessment.
- The company must also be able to deliver to, and receive, return goods from the countries in which they choose to sell.
- To sell on the Norwegian market you also need to be VAT-registered in Norway and be able to handle customs clearance for Norwegian customers.
- You begin by filling in our application form. You enter your company details and a link to your web shop to give us an idea of what to sell on CDON Marketplace.
- We will get back to you once we have looked at your application. If your application is approved, you sign an agreement with us.
- When the agreement has been signed by both parties you get access to an administration account from where you can upload products and start selling in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark.
Uploading products should be as painless as possible. Depending on the amount of products you have and the technology you use today, we can help you in different ways. Therefore, we have developed several different alternatives to use when it comes to product upload.
If you have large volumes of products and orders, need fast and large updates and if manual processes are not possible or if integration to your own systems is a requirement, then integration to our open API is the perfect solution for you.
Imse enables easy integration of product data into your CDON Inventory. The program is based on a so-called scraping technique where the system visits your website and then looks up all the products that you have for sale.
Imse is perfect for those who have between 100 – 5000 products, where manual import is not an option. You will work directly in our interface and handle all your orders there.
Our manual import is a drag-and-drop tool that makes it super easy for you to quickly and easily upload products manually and manage your entire business in our interface.
We collaborate with a large number of e-commerce platforms, integrators and service providers who have built modules and connections to CDON. If you’re on a platform or system like Magento, Shopify, PrestaShop or WooCommerce, or if you’re interested in great offers in translation, packaging or other services, our partners can help you get started quickly and smoothly.
- The product images should be of high quality.
- They must be on a white background and the main picture should display nothing else than the product for sale. Images of products in settings or in use can be used as extra images.
- Keep to at least 500x500px, but we recommend 1000x1000px.
- Watermarks must not appear on any images.
- Product descriptions should always be written in the local language and describe the product and its properties clearly and concisely.
The products you sell on CDON Marketplace are not allowed to be priced higher than the products in your own web shop, including shipping, but can be priced lower.
Yes, on completing their purchase, customers can rate their shopping experience from your company on CDON Marketplace. They write a review that is there for everyone to read at CDON Marketplace. It is extremely important that you handle customer service issues efficiently, send orders on time and manage commitments to give customers the best possible shopping experience.
They are listed in the following PDF.
You may sell all products that do not fall into a “special category that require written permission” or products that are not allowed at all on CDON Marketplace.
Yes, and it is plain to see which the original selling company is.
In the partnership between your company and CDON Marketplace, your company is the legal seller and CDON Marketplace acts as intermediary for the products. This makes you legally responsible for returns and complaints, even in the event of the partnership being dissolved.
No, CDON Marketplace does not charge for unsold products.
CDON Marketplace handles refunding to the end customer. The money is credited to your company if payment has already been made.
Depending on your sales turnover via CDON Marketplace, payment is made 14 to 30 days after a sale has gone through. Payment is made automatically to the bank giro or postal giro account you have registered with us. All payment is in local currency.
Changes via API are made in XML files according to our XSD.
If you have an integration partner or an e-commerce platform with an integration to CDON Marketplace, you make all your changes there. How you make changes could vary depending on which partner you are working with, so those questions are best answered by each integration partner/platform.
If you choose manual handling of products, they are uploaded to Merchant Center using the manual tool. Once uploaded to Merchant Center you can change prices and the inventory balance. Changes to product descriptions and images are once again done in the manual tool.
Accordance to the distance selling regulations, the customer always has 14 days right of cancellation from receiving the product. The product is returned to you as Merchant at your or your customer’s expense. Complaints are handled in accordance with the guidelines issued by the consumer complaints boards in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway, or equivalent boards in other European countries, read more here:
You are responsible for sending and delivering orders in accordance with the delivery terms you have set. Should the product not arrive in the time specified, the customer is within their rights to cancel the purchase. In which case you will be charged for any additional costs.
You choose which carrier to use. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery reaches the recipient as agreed. We therefore recommend you make it traceable so that the customer can follow the progress of their order via their My Pages on CDON.COM.
You decide the delivery time yourself. Products must be delivered on or before your delivery date. You can choose different delivery times for different products. Each order is accompanied by a delivery note from CDON Marketplace.